Monday, November 14, 2011

HOPE: Week 2

I’m traveling a lot these days. More than I like! People ask if I’m excited to go to Indonesia, Singapore, Brazil, Tennessee, or some other place on my itinerary. In a way I am, my role with Link Care takes me to visit missionaries around the world. But, sometimes I’d like to stay home, be more involved in my local church and be a neighbor to the people who live next door. My desire to connect at home can rob me of the joy of going to be with missionaries.

Sometimes I wonder if this doesn’t happen to us spiritually. We can be so connected to our present life that we lose our joy in our future hopes.

May I encourage you this week to really sit in this chapter and consider your future hopes? And, then, would you please share if you are drawn to a particular hope and why. Your perspectives will be a help to us as we consider if we truly live as if these future hopes are true.

No comments: